Longhorn Publishers Plc has released a revision product for the New Competency Based Curriculum titled Longhorn Competence Based Smartscore Encyclopaedia, for pupils in Grade 1, 2 and 3.
The books were launched in February 2019 to over 1,000 schools across the country through capacity building workshops that equipped teachers with curriculum assessment skills.
For each Grade, the Encyclopaedia is divided into two volumes in order to ensure children learn at a comfortable pace. Each volume has the following subjects:
English Literacy Activities
Kusoma na Kuandika Katika Kiswahili
Coverage of work for each subject in a volume is structured into three terms. Each term’s work includes:
- An Opening Assessment to assess the leaner’s entry behavior at the start of term.
- Well thought-out Activities, Summary Notes, Examples, and
- Practice/Revision Exercises.
- Mid Term, End of Term and End of Year Assessments.
- Answers to all Practice/Revision Exercises and Assessments.
The Encyclopaedia is the recommended revision tool for pupils in Grade 1, 2 and 3.
Longhorn Publishers will continue to produce high quality learning material for the new Curriculum as part of our mission to empower people through knowledge.